Friday, April 27, 2012

Vanna- April 27, 1774

Dear Diary,

This morning Jacob and I played the most wicked trick on Robert.  We placed a snake on his pillow before he awoke!  He shouted at us so loudly, once he found us hiding in the bushes outside the garden.  
On a more somber note, today was the fourth anniversary of Mother's death.  Father trudged to work so unwillingly, I thought he may turn back and run back and sit in his chamber all day.  After he was finally gone, Robert returned to his usual duties of bossing Jacob and I around.  He made us clean the whole kitchen!  It was such a cruel chore.
I practiced my harpsichord for a whole hour today, until Kat came traipsing into the house with a homeless kitten!  We ran all over trying to find things to keep it warm, being the weather outside was so rainy and cold in the afternoon.  Jacob and I are thinking of playing a trick on Kat and hiding her precious kitten under the girls' bed one day soon!  How good we will get her then.  It will be quite satisfying to see her scramble all over desperately like so.  Although Robert would surely skin us alive, it would still be quite fun.  
Well, Father is home from work now, so I must go help Claire serve him his supper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment