Monday, May 21, 2012

Vanna- May 21, 1774

Dear Diary,

I am left feeling devastated and quite depressed at the moment.  There are no children in this big city besides these three boys, who happen to be fourteen, thirteen, and thirteen.  Their names are Christopher, William, and James.  James also happens to be the name of Father's best friend.  
Oh, I miss Father so greatly!  Our sleeping arrangements here are quite different from what we are used to.  There is a bunk bed and one large bed in our bedroom.  Claire was given the single bed, and Kat and I given the bunk bed.  I on the top and Kat on the bottom.  Kat became extremely envious of my spot, so one night she climbed up while I was sleeping and pushed me off.  She would say she left me quite bruised and battered, but it is not true.  I had a small headache at the most.  
Grandmother and Grandfather were very angry at her and punished her by making her sleep on the porch.  She thinks of it as an excuse to sleep in a bush or something of the sort.  
Now I am feeling very tired.  Goodnight, diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment