Friday, July 27, 2012

Kat~ July 27, 1774


Dear Diary,

  I just cannot express my grief. Jacob- is now a strong, working boy having fun on the sea. I am full of bitter envy. Many times I have tried to escape the house and determine what it is like in the free open. Once, I was so close to ripping off my ball gowns, and I escaped for the city. I went there, but then the day after, (I also slept in the park ground which happened to be the most comfortable place ever), Grandfather and his bloodhound and crew found me eating with a dirty homeless boy. We had found pastries, which the baker gave to us, and I nearly fainted when he caught me. Of course, he did not yell at me because he didn’t want me to learn how to, but he did punish me by locking me in my room for 3 days with a brand new closet full new gowns. Now, I must wear a gown a day for my rebellion. Grandmother says I must learn to be a ‘lady’. Oh, how I envy Robert the soldier and Jacob the sailor. I vow, one day, Grandmother and Grandfather will find my petticoats in the garbage, and I will be in full button-up trousers. Oh, the escape shall be blissful!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. I too hate wearing ball gowns day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really mean to say that you wear ball gowns every day, like Kat?
      ~Emma Rose~

      Delete